- Jeff Bezos, best known as the founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Amazon.com the world’s largest online shopping retailer born on 12 Jan 1964 in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Jeffrey Preston Jorgensenlit was born on 12 January, 1964 to Jacklyn Gise Jorgensen and Ted Jorgensen. They got divorced after only being married for a year. His mother later on married another man, Miguel “Mike” Bezos, who adopted Jeff legally at the age of 4. Jeff has a passion for fixing things and figuring out how things work. He was always inventing something: a solar cooker, hovercraft, a robot, lasers and an electric alarm; the alarm worked as a security system to keep his siblings out of his room.
- Jeff Bezos was one of the first shareholders in Google, when he invested $250,000 in 1998. That $250,000 investment resulted in 3.3 million shares of Google stock worth about $3.1 billion today.
- He also invested in Unity Biotechnology, a life-extension research firm hoping to slow or stop the process of aging.
- Bezos and his wife Mackenzie have four children. Their daughter is adopted from China. They have 3 Son and one daughter.
- Jeff Bezos believes in the “Two Pizza Rule’: if a team cannot be fed with two pizzas, it’s too large. To him, independent thought should prevail over groupthink.
- In 2003, Jeff Bezos had a helicopter accident that gave him minor head lacerations.
- He went to work on Wall Street in 1986 and might have made a fortune there but for his decision in 1994 to set up an online bookseller. Bezos wrote the business plan while he and his wife, Mackenzie, drove from Texas to Seattle and they set up the company in their garage.
- Jeff Bezos made headlines in 2013 when he bought the Washington Post for $250 million. He wrote in the Post about his intention to keep things the same there but mentioned that future changes were inevitable.
Jeff Bezos Avoids multitasking to be successful. In an Interview he said “When I have dinner with friends or family, I like to be doing whatever I’m doing,” Bezos said. “I don’t like to multi-task. If I’m reading my email I want to be reading my email” with his full attention and energy.
Follow Jeff Bezos in Twitter : @jeffbezos
Follow Businessinfy.com Facebook